Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Psalm 132

Remember, O Jehovah, David
And all the hardships that he endured,
How he swore an oath to Jehovah,
The mighty one of Israel:

I will not enter my house or go to bed,
I will not rest my eyes or go to sleep,
Until I find a place for Jehovah,
A dwelling for the mighty one of Jacob.
Behold, we heard that it was in Ephrathah;
We located it in the fields of Jaar.

Let us go to his dwelling place.
Let us worship at his footstool.

Arise, Jehovah. Come to your place of rest,
With the Ark, the symbol of your power.
May your priests be arrayed with righteousness
And your faithful followers cry out with joy.

For the sake of your servant David
Do not reject your anointed one.
Jehovah swore truly to David
An oath that he will never revoke:
“I will set upon your throne a son.
If our sons keep my covenant
And follow the statutes I teach them
Your sons will sit upon your throne
Forever until eternity.”

For Jehovah has chosen Zion
And desired it as his dwelling place.
“This is my resting place forever.
Here is the home of my desire.
I will bless her with provisions
And satisfy her poor with food.
I will clothe her priests with godliness
And her faithful will shout for joy.
Here I will give prestige to David,
And trim a lamp for my anointed.
His enemies I will clothe in shame,
But the crown upon his head will shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment