Sunday, December 22, 2019

Psalm 143

By King David

Listen to my prayer, O Jehovah,
Listen to my supplication.
Answer me in your faithfulness,
Answer me in your righteousness.

Do not bring your servant before your judgment,
For no living man is righteous in your eyes.

My enemies have hunted me down,
They have stomped me into the ground,
They have forced me to live in darkness
Like those who have died long ago.
Thus my spirit grows faint within me,
And my heart inside is desolate.

I remember the days of yore,
I meditate on all your works,
I contemplate your handiwork.
I lift my arms to you in prayer.
Like a parched land, I thirst for you.

Make haste to answer me, O Jehovah.
My spirit is failing.  Do not hide your face,
Or I be like those fallen into a pit.
Let morning bring news of your faithful love,
For in you have I placed my confidence.
Teach me to know the path I should follow,
For I have upraised my spirit to you.
Save me from my enemies, Jehovah.
For  I flee to you to conceal myself.
Teach me to do your will, for you are my god.
May your gracious spirit guide me to firm ground.

For your name’s sake, O Jehovah, revive me.
For your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
With your faithful love, destroy my enemies.
Wipe out all my foes, for I am your servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment