Sunday, December 22, 2019

Psalm 144

By King David

Praise be to Jehovah, my rock,
Who instructs my hands in warfare
And trains my fingers for battle.
He is my faithful love and fortress,
My stronghold and deliverer,
My shield behind which I take shelter,
Who conquers nations under me.

Jehovah, what is man that you take note of him?
What is the human race that you have regard for it?
Man is a breath of air, his life, a passing shadow.
Spread open your heavens, O Jehovah, and come down.
Lay hands upon the mountains that they may emit smoke.
Flash forth your lightning bolts and disperse your enemies.
Shoot your arrows at them and drive them to confusion.
Stretch out your arm from your place on high and rescue me.
Save me from deep waters, from the grasp of foreigners.
Whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hand makes false oaths.

I will sing to you, O God, a new song,
Playing music upon a ten-string harp,
To the one who gives victory to kings
And saves his servant David from deadly swords.

Save me, rescue me from the grasp of foreigners,
Whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hand makes false oaths.
Then our sons will be like plants that flourish when young,
And our daughters, corner stones carved to fit a palace.
Our storehouses will be filled with all kinds of produce,
And our flocks in the fields will multiply by thousands,
Even tens of thousands, our oxen, heavy laden.
There will occur no breaching of the city walls,
No going out to war or outcry in the streets.

Blessed are the people who enjoy such a state,
Blessed are the people whose god is Jehovah.

No comments:

Post a Comment