Sunday, December 22, 2019

Psalm 141

By King David

O Jehovah, I call out to you.
Please listen to me and hurry
To come to me when I call to you.

May my prayer be set before you like incense,
My raised hands like an evening sacrifice.
Put a guard, O Jehovah, over my mouth,
And watch over the parting of my lips.

Let me not be attracted to evil things
Or be involved in corrupt activities
With men who are disposed to iniquity.
Let me not partake of their ill-gotten gains.
If I do, let a righteous man strike me down,
For his rebuke is an act of kindness.
It is oil on the head; I reject it not,
And I ever pray against evil deeds.
When their rulers are dashed against the rocks,
They will hear my words and find them pleasant.
As when one plows the ground, turning up the soil,
So our bones are scattered above the grave.

But my eyes are fixed on you, Master Jehovah.
In you I seek refuge.  Don’t leave me defenseless!

Let the wicked be fall into their own nets.
While let me pass by in security.

No comments:

Post a Comment